Sunday, April 13, 2008

Where for art thou Tooth Fairy?

I'm not sure how your tooth fairy arrives, but ours has her very own door that N made a few years ago and her name is Fiona Fairy (of the well known Fairys', of course) and Lil' Man *really* wanted to see her tonight.

You see, he has been talking about her since H got a pack of gum when she lost a tooth a few days ago, and since mama's a bit of a scrooge with the evil stick-to-everything-its-even-near substance that they call gum and it only arrives in our house or car via a gift from someone else or the tooth fairy, he thought it would be worth a try to leave her a letter. (hey, maybe she'll have some extra's???)

Being 3, his writing consists of lots of squiggles and an H here and there, so thats what his letter looked like to me, but he assured me (with I swear, a roll of the eyes...Boy, does that start early) that Ms. Fairy could read it just fine and would know exactly what he wrote. (that he wouldn't tell me...)

I came around the corner, and there was was, holding his letter, laying on his belly, knocking on the door, waiting expectantly for her to come out...He told me that he thinks he saw a little eye through the peephole and I told him she might be sleeping, getting ready for a big night ahead of her, so she needs her rest....


Thankfully, the camera was on my dresser, and I was able to sneak a picture without him seeing me. :)
Ahhhh man, I love this age.

Oh, and I think everyone should have a fairy door. It comes in handy when...say...oh...laundry gets in front of it or her door tips over and she***cough*** misses a tooth. It's all because she couldn't open the door. DARN. Clear a path kids and it'll be tomorrow night I'm sure....smile.

2 comments:

ambersrose said...

SUPER CUTE!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Oh that is cute!! My children are so jaded, they bring Dad his wallet when they lose a tooth "Okay Dad I get a dollar now...."

As for gum, oh my word, do I hear you there!! Who invented that crap anyways??