Wednesday, April 23, 2008

What's in your water bottle?

opps...I put this in drafts and forgot to post it...so here it is a bit late.

Someone asked me if we had stainless water bottles and how we liked them. I have used Siggs and Klean Kanteen and prefer the Klean Kanteen's. Siggs are too soft for my kids, and when I mentioned that, I thought it would be good to have visuals to go with that statement. lol.
So here's our water bottle stash (with a few in the car...)
See how dented the Siggs are? After they dent, (and they will, they are aluminum) the paint cracks and eventually chips. After catching a wee one eating paint chips and then wondering how compromised the inner lining is after being dented, I don't use them anymore, but kept a couple of them so others can see. This was with normal 'kid-wear'...dropped a few times here and there, but what I would consider within normal range. Not beating against rocks or walls...

(the bottles, not the KIDS)

Not dissing the Siggs at all, they just weren't for our family.

(And truth be told, getting an ice cube in them took all kinds of crazy 'ice melting gymnastics')

No comments: