I don't know if it really is MORE or just that I'm noticing it more, but it seems like everyone I know has someone close to them that has cancer.
For me, my dad diedyears ago of cancer and my sister just went through a scare with abnormal cells in her breast, but we just got the news that she's clear.
YAY!!!
A friend had breast cancer and beat it a couple years ago, one of the girls coaches is battling breast cancer right now (and still coaches, she's amazing) a couple of online posters from a board have died of cancer, (young moms :( , leaving toddlers and kids behind) and a few kids battling it right now.
A friend's mom just died of cancer and it went so quickly, it really breaks my heart. It made me realize how fast things can change and how not to take anything and everything for granted. I seem to keep pushing things lately..."I'll get to that tomorrow" or "later" and it hit me... that later may never come....for me or the person I'm putting off.
I'm getting older and my family members are getting older and having little kids, life gets busy... but I NEED to slow it down and really let people know how much they mean to me, because really...in the end, that's all ya got.
Family and friends.
Go call someone that you've been putting off and say "Hey, how ya doing? I've been thinking of you and just wanted to say hello and catch up."
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
This is so true, Dina. My dad started his radiation last week. Oy.
Justine :o )
I said something like this to my mom a few years ago: how come it seems like cancer is everywhere and people are sick and dying?
My mom responded that this is the sad reality for me of getting older, and that as a person ages she is likely to know more people affected by illness and disease. So while I don't know how cancer rates in the US compare to those from a decade ago, I think my mom's theory makes a lot of sense, even though it's not something I enjoy facing. (Sorry, that probably didn't make you feel any better--and cancer absolutely sucks!!)
Christine
Post a Comment