Monday, May 26, 2008

Love 'em or hate 'em?

For a long time, I was in the hate 'em camp.
CROCS.
Yep, the plastic shoes I swore I'd never buy.


I got sucked in last year at the Shoebuy.com sale and coupon code combo and got a couple pairs to see what all the hooplah was about...OK OK, they are comfy, and the no odor and ability to hose off chicken poop sure comes in handy.

I still think they are, for the most part, ugly as sin, but when I ordered some for the kids from the big Tillys.com sale last week, I have to admit the little bitty Mary Janes for B are pretty darn cute....And Lil' man lives in his, he has 3 prs.lol.

Not sure, I'll ever LOVE them, but I certainly don't hate them anymore....
Who can hate a summer shoe that can stand up to chicken poop and still look good enough to wear out 'on the town'?

This mama's got enough things to worry about, and if I can find a hose off worthy shoe that the littles can get on/off by themselves and they love, I'm not gonna argue.


Now Jibbitz...they haven't discovered those yet....


4 comments:

ambersrose said...

I was soooo tempted by the Tilly's sale but alas, hubby is in the hate them, they are ugly as sin camp and my purchase was vetoed :(

ambersrose said...

I agree the itty bitty maryjanes are cute!

Unknown said...

We've crossed over too, at least one of my children have plastic shoes now. After them getting soaked in the sprinklers here (that randomly pop up when they are playing right in the middle of where they spray) and then hearing them whine because their shoes were wet for a couple days afterwards I was more than happy to buy waterproof shoes. It's a good lesson in giving up caring about appearances that's for sure. My neighbor is funny. Her children are coifed, always without a speck of dirt, perfect hair, perfect clothes. Her son came up to my window as I was cooking the other night and asked what I was making. We cook, for real, and he seemed confused. So I said "What are you guys having" and he replied "Hamburger Helper...leftover from last night..." I had this moment of thinking you know, I could have spent time on my girls, putting their hair up, making sure they looked all pretty and painted, but I have to choose my minutes spent the same way I choose how our dollars are spent. And if them running around outside like raggamuffins means I am actually cooking food, so be it....What does it really matter, you know?

Dazzlemama said...

I know they are ugly... but man they wash up so nice in the machine and just keep on going! They are so comfy too! I think they are cute on the little ones - especially the maryjane style!