Thursday, November 20, 2008

What's in Your Crockpot Wednesday~Thursday Edition


Well, I did pick up a little crockpot at Walmart the other day. I got this one because it was $17 (OK suuure, mine was $17.88, now they are $17!) but I figured, even when I find "the one" that I want, I can always use this as a second, it was really cheap and we were missing our crock.


So, since my IL's just sent me 65lbs of elk meat from the Elk my FIL shot, I have an elk roast in there with cream of mushroom soup, worcheshire (sp? I can not spell that word!) and some seasonings, and we'll have it with leftover mashed potatoes and whatever veggies the kids pick later.


FTR, I love doing venison and elk in the crockpot since it's so low in fat that the crockpot is one of the few methods that really keep it juicy and tender. It's a pretty fail safe way to cook game meat and have it be really tasty!!


I'm still reasearching the perfect crockpot for our family....there sure are a ton of them out there now!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am looking for our next crockpot as well so will be back to see what you decide. :)