Wednesday, September 17, 2008

What's in Your Crockpot Wednesday?

Since we have gym early on Wedneday's, I try to get a crockpot meal going, so when we get home at 5, it's ready to go.

Today, we had some leftover hamburger from when I made spaghetti last night, so I used that and cooked up a lb of (free) sausage from my stock-up on pork products I shared with you here, so we have chili slow cooking, and some cornbread mixed up in the fridge and ready to pop in the oven when we get home while we cook up some rice. Easy peasy.

Any favorite crockpot meals you'd like to share?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds yummy- not quite cold enough here for chili yet.

One of my favorite things to make in the crockpot is a Pork loin or roast with rosemary, salt and pepper and a half cup or so of apple cider or apple juice. You can do it plain then use sliced or shredded for pulled pork sandwiches or add root veggies & onion while it cooks for a meal in one. Very versatile and great to take to potlucks or when a family has suffered a tragedy or loss as anyone who eats pork just loves it.

Justine said...

Mmm... sounds yummy! You make the greatest food there at the F-Casa.

Justine :o )

Dina said...

yum yum, I'll have to try that! I've done pork lons, but just with BBQ sauce so this sounds great :)
Thanks!!

Just, come on over, we'll have fun, and I'll give you the pictures.lol heehee