I find a challah like bread recipe that is just about as easy.
So, since today was cool this morning, we made cinnamon rolls with that one, and then I made my favorite recipe, but with wheat flour this time, that I shared with you previously, to go with the stew I have going in the crock pot.
So, since today was cool this morning, we made cinnamon rolls with that one, and then I made my favorite recipe, but with wheat flour this time, that I shared with you previously, to go with the stew I have going in the crock pot.
Now, I haven't actually tasted the cinnamon rolls (they are supposed to be for breakfast tomorrow morning, but I don't think they'll last that long!) but if they taste as good as they smell, I think we have a winner!
I still have enough of the challah dough left over to make a couple dozen rolls for lunches.
YUM.
I'm so ready for fall!!
No Knead Challah
1 1/3 cup lukewarm water
1 1/2 tsp yeast
1 1/2 tsp salt
4 eggs slightly beaten
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup butter, melted
7 cups flour
Mix eggs, water, honey, butter, yeast and salt till well mixed. Add in flour till combined. Put in losely covered bowl, let sit overnight in fridge, or up to 4 days. Will freeze well, too.

2 comments:
Oh yum, my wheat experiments always taste heavy... I know I just have to hit on the right secret. Hope the rolls are as good as they look. I love easy.
Easy is awesome...lol
They were really good, and the kids have requested them often.lol Easy enough to do. :)
I have a couple pretty goos wheat recipes, but this one is way better with just regular AP flour... though they did eat both loaves, so I guess it wasn't as bad as I thought!
Post a Comment