Thursday, January 15, 2009

Good Morning, Sunshine.

That is what I feel I should be saying...It's a nice bright sunny day. Cool, but will warm up to 55 today) and we have a full day planned...

Instead, I'm dragging..I'm sure it has something to do with getting up at 3:45am to make breakfast burritos for big C and R (who slept over) so they could get up by 4, and get to school by 5am to sign up for their Discovery Project. For those that don't know..big C goes to a small charter school up in Sandia Park, and every year the kids do a Discovery Project for the last 2 weeks of school. They have to pick 5 choices and we'll see what he gets. His first choice was a backpacking/whitewater rafting trip up in Taos, but since it's first come, first serve, AND in order of seniority...we'll see what he ends up with!! As far as I know, they were the first ones there (and quite cold...lol) so he's hoping!

Other than that, What's in Your Crockpot Wed brought forth Elk steaks with a creamed gravy over pasta, paired with a salad yesterday, Today is BBQ smoked sausage. We're getting a lot of use out of the crockpot lately!

Gym-girl has a meet every weekend this month, into the second week of Feb, so we've been busy with that, and her meet is TX was great fun!! She was consistent, so I think she did great, she wasn't thrilled with her scores, but it did expand her awareness of other states, and our little gym world of ABQ where everyone knows everyone, and what they are doing (you would not believe the gossip that flies!) looks even smaller!

We're planning on meeting N later this month, and celebrating B's birthday at Build-a-Bear, as they have been wanting to go for awhile...should be fun...I'm still wrapping my head around strappy sandals for stuffed bears. I might just have to get one for ME.:)

Hoping to get back to blogging...I've been lacking motivation lately!!

1 comment:

Justine said...

I still can't believe you got up and drove them to school that early! Yikers. I hope C gets what he wants!

Justine :o )