Monday, August 18, 2008

It's that time of year again...

When the zucchini fairy comes and somehow those innocent looking little squash become MASSIVE and the darn things even multiply profusely overnight...

Some people have even been known to drop and run at neighbors and friends houses.
I plead the fifth on that one.


Since we are a few weeks behind everyone this year, we are actually enjoying the first few we've gotten this week and the kids were EXCITED about zucchini bread.

Ask me how they feel about it 2 weeks from now. (I bet they are singing a different tune!)

I've been known to put it in every possible thing I can think of from cookies to spaghetti to meatloaf. Ha! I can still hear the groans from last year and it even went on into the winter when I shredded it and froze it for later.

Evil I am.

But here is our first adventures with that wonderful squash this year...I'm sure there is many more to be had. But in this one, they still look happy to eat it.

From this:


a little help from Ec:


to this:


If a pile of zucchini's show up on your doorstep, don't blame me.

3 comments:

Justine said...

Oh yummy! It's just one of those veggies I totally love! Have fun with all your wonky recipes. Cookies? Now that's disgusting! LOL

Justine :o )

Unknown said...

I love zuchhini bread. I do a lot of baking and freezing, so if I had a bumper crop of anything, it would probably wind up as muffins and deep froze for quick breakfasts :)

ambersrose said...

I do that too! Rue and Angel hate zuchinni so I hide it in everything. It is so versatile hehe. Oh and if you get overloaded and want to drop some on my door dont be shy! :)